Turkey Not-So-Dinos

So tonight, I can't lie, I strayed away from the meal plan. Shocker, I know...


When popping into Morrisons, we found two MASSIVE turkey legs for just under £6. 


To put it into perspective, I got about 20 medium/ large nuggets out of one leg. 


I did use a food processor for this recipe. 


I tried two versions of cooking these nuggets, breadcrumbs in the air fryer and shallow fried batter. I'll be covering both! 


Nuggets:- 


1 turkey leg, removed from the bone and cut into 1cm cubes or below

Handful of cheese blend (I use Morrisons savers)

Dash of oil

Grinding of black pepper


I simply popped it all into a food processor and blended until it resembled that of mince meat. 


Roll into small balls and flatten. You're then ready for your coating of choice!


Both coatings require the nuggets to be dipped in plain flour then whisked egg.


Breadcrumbs:-


2-3 slices of bread, torn into small pieces

Dash of oil

Oregano 

Black pepper


Once again, in a food processor until it resembled breadcrumbs 


To make the breadcrumbs nuggets, simply prep the nuggets and after the egg, roll around in the breadcrumbs. I loaded up my air fryer with one layer. Cooking on airfy mode 180⁰c for around 15 minutes. I highly recommend probing these, If it is above 75⁰c, you're good to go! If not, cook for a little longer! 



Batter:- 


Flour mix of plain flour, thyme, sage and black pepper. 


However all these seasonings are interchangeable! Fancy some chilli flakes? Chuck em' in! 


After the egg, coat in this flour mix. You want to have a shallow pan of oil. I recommend this as when attempting to fully fry, I was finding my oil got quite dirty quite quickly. Shallow frying ensures little wastage on oil! I also opted for a high temperature frying oil, go for the likes of rapeseed or veg. 


Ensure the oil is hot on a medium to high heat and pop into the pan carefully. Wait until browned and flip. 


Again, I recommend probing these! 


And you're done! 


These were definitely delicious and a more healthy substantially filling alternative to frozen turkey nuggets you find in the supermarket isles. 


I'll be posting the air fryer chips shortly too, so keep your eyes peeled! 




Comments

Popular Posts