Baby Scones


These baby safe scones are a total hit in my house! 

With no added sugar, I let the dried fruit do the talking. 

This is technically a soda bread recipe, just with some added fruit and oats! Feel free to pop this in a loaf tin, just ammend the cooking time to 40+ minutes! 

Since this is a soda bread, do not knead or knock it back too much. This will create a very dense bread. We want to keep as much air in as possible so gentle hands are a must for this! 


Ingredients

300ml of whole milk
A good squirt of lemon juice (around 10-15ml)
400g self raising flour
2 handfuls of oats
2-3 handfuls of dried fruit mix


How to do

Combine the milk and lemon juice. We want this to curdle, leave on the size for 5 or so minutes until it's a nice lumpy mess! 

Preheat your oven to 180⁰c

Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and lightly mix until combined. Don't be afraid to get your hands in there! 

If it's still quite sticky, add some more flour. 

I then washed the doughy debris off my hands, and covered my hands in flour. I shaped the mix into 8 balls and popped in the oven for around 25-30 minutes. 

We want to look for slightly risen light browning scones. 

Leave to cool on a wire rack, then you're ready! 


For my little girl, I'm serving this with chia jam and a nice slathering of unsalted butter! 


Comments

Popular Posts