maple and blueberry muffins


These muffins are irresistible - tasting just like pancakes! The maple syrup just adds to the pancake taste. 

I plan to serve these with some raspberries this evening. Yes yes, I haven't yet fed them to the little lady. But, I have tried them and I couldn't wait to share it! 



Ingredients 


2 large eggs
240ml whole milk 
3 tbsp maple syrup
2 tsp vanilla extract 
60g melted butter
150g (or one punnet) fresh blueberries
230g self raising flour
Sprinkle of oats 
Drizzle of maple syrup to serve 



How to do 


Preheat your oven to around 180⁰c and line a 12 hole muffin tin with cases. I just used cupcake cases and it worked grand! 

Combine all the wet ingredients. I used a whisk for this step to ensure the eggs especially were fully combined. 

I then added the blueberries and gave them a quick stir to ensure they were nicely covered before adding the flour. 

Give it a good old stir until fully combined. This is quite a loose mix so I decanted into a jug and poured into cases. I then sprinkled some oats on top. 

I popped these in the oven for a grand total of 22 minutes. Anywhere from 20-25 minuets should be perfect. As always, insert a knife into the largest cupcake, if it comes out clean or slightly crumby, it's perfect. 

I put the tiniest dash of maple syrup on top of each cake whilst warm to let it soak in and really bring out that maple flavour. You can skip this step if you wish! 

And there you have it! Also, the blueberries are totally interchangable. I plan on trying this with raspberries next! 


Comments

Popular Posts