vegan banana and raspberry muffins


These vegan banana raspberry muffins are amazing if I do say so myself. 

Now now I promise I make more than cake! We've taken a break with weaning the little lady due to illness. Letting her have the odd thing but sit-down meals are currently on pause. 

With this time, I'm focusing on developing recipes. What works and what doesn't. 

With no refined sugar, I relied on the sweetness of the fruit and maple syrup to do the job for me. 

Now I won't lie, I very much bashed these together at 2am, I wasn't expecting much but was blown away! They're light, fluffy and just overall a damn good muffin! 

The berries in this are interchangeable, use raspberries, blueberries or blackberries. What ever you've got in the fridge or what takes your fancy!

Alternatively to muffins, pop in a loaf tin and bake for around 40 mins. 


Ingredients 


3 bananas
Handful of raspberries (100g would do nicely)
100ml oil (veg or sunflower) 
3 tbsp maple syrup 
230g self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder 
2 handfuls of oats 
Dash of water to loosen 
Sliced banana to go ontop


How to do

Line a 12 hole cupcake tin and preheat the oven to 180⁰c

I mashed the bananas and raspberries with a back of a fork. Once done I literally dumped all the ingredients into a bowl and gently folded until combined. Adding water 1 tbsp at a time to loosen if required! 

Pop into your cases evenly. It's quite a thick mixture. I did a tbsp in each one then topped them up with any leftover mixture 

I sliced an additional banana and placed slices on top of the muffins

Pop in the oven for 20-25 mins. Until a knife comes out clean or slightly crumby. Leave to cool on a wire rack 

And there you have it. Vegan, delicious and easy! 

My little girl absolutely loves these and so did the family. Going in record time, once everyone else was awake that is!

Tune in for more 2am cooking soon! 

Comments

Popular Posts